Birthday Blooms


The other day, I noticed that our neighbors had a birthday party at their place.  Birthday balloons decorated the mailbox and family gathered to celebrate.  The sweet young lady who lives next door was turning 13!

I wanted to mark the occasion with a gift, so I turned to the one thing that is plentiful in my yard right now:  flowers.  I managed to put together a few black-eyed Susans, blooms from a butterfly bush, and a couple of begonia sprigs.

I'm sharing this only because it's one of the only times I made a decent-looking arrangement.  I don't have the natural "eye" for flower arranging, but I am willing to learn, and I've wanted to acquire those skills for a long time.  Every year I consider taking a little course on it at the local community college.  Practice makes perfect -- so I'll just keep growing flowers and trying to put them together until I find what works!  Luckily, this time, it turned out to be something I could share.

0 comments: