Growing Up


A quick update on the baby bluebirds:  I peeked in to check on them just a few days ago, and they are continuing to grow and thrive!  They were a bit sleepy at the time, but, at approximately 8 days old, they looked healthy.  They're also looking slightly less like little aliens and more like little birds.  Like much of the country, we're in the middle of a heatwave, so I'm keeping fresh water in the bird bath to keep the parents well-hydrated.   These little ones are nearly halfway to the point where they will begin to leave the nest!   

2 comments:

Holly @ Your Gardening Friend said...

What a sweet and peaceful scene of the babies sleeping. I'm so glad they're doing well.

kelli said...

oh fun! we watched a nest of mockingbirds this past month -they grew up and left so quickly!
I'm popping over via a comment you left on my blog a while back. can't remember if I ever stopped to say hello and thank you before so-
hello and thank you! :)